- Tweet Posted: 09:41 PM Jul 01st
Fafurion Weapon Event Details Posted! Check it out! https://t.co/DxsJiGWKqS
- Tweet Posted: 06:56 PM Jun 23rd
This is a MUST READ! Changes to EXP loss on death! All in today's patch notes: https://t.co/rv0aIPDH6W
- Tweet Posted: 04:21 PM Jun 21st
After you finish reading all those yummy details about the UnderWilds check out the patch notes for yesterday’s res… https://t.co/AbgEO9H1zS
Here are the winners based on the judging of 3 unbiased friends scoring the guides in terms of Readability/Formatting, Usefulness and Overall Quality. I’ve Averaged the scores together to determine the order of the guides from highest average score to lowest. The first 4 winners will get the prizes announced, the remaining will get a consolation prize. The scores were really close, congratulations to all the winners! Thanks for making these guides!
Zones Overview - By Prout
The Definitive SXP Guide - By Emberglin
How to get Tier 5 skills - By Empava
The Shop Zone Guide To NPC’s - By Ukyo
For those who did not place in the top 4, I’ll be delivering your consolation prize to your character directly.
The Legendary Fafurion Weapon Event has started! These are the weapons that the grand prize winner of the Spring/Summer donation event will get to choose from. See the donation event post for more details on that.
The event weapons are available from the event npc Ives in Valhalla (-shop command in game to go there). You can also obtain the Dragon Enchant Scrolls and Dragon LB Device to enhance and max out these weapons quickly and easily allowing you to truly test these weapons.
- From July 1st through August 31st
Event versions of the Legendary Fafurion Weapons are obtainable from Ives in -shop
Event Weapons can be enchanted via Dragon Enchantment Scrolls (DES)
Event Weapons can be Limit Broken (which will allow their level to max at 40 instead of 30) by using Dragon LB Devices
DES apply to the currently equipped dragon weapon and have a chance to add +1 Level and/or +1 enchant or can fail and add nothing.
When event ends these dragon weapons will be greatly reduced and strength and no longer provide the dragon buff items until next event period, without the use of Fafurion Essence potions.
All weapons when equipped in “Event+” status (during the event or with Fafurion Essence Buff) will provide an item to cast Fafurion’s Blessing, which is a buff that adds 20% more damage output.
Dragon Enchantment Scroll - This Item allows quickly leveling and enchanting the Dragon Event Weapons. This is the same as before with the previous events. No changes were made to the enchant or level up success rates. The only change to this item was the name, the icon and the ability to level up past 30 (to 40) if the weapon has been limit broken. Here are the details for those who have not got to do this event in the past:
- Applies to currently equipped dragon event weapon
- Has a chance to add +1 Soul Level to the equipped dragon event weapon
- Has a chance to add +1 Enchantment Level to the equipped dragon event weapon
- On fail it simply does nothing.
- Max enchant level is +20
- Max Soul Level is 30 (with no limit breaks applied), 40 if you have successfully limit broken the item to max level.
Dragon LB Device - This item has a chance to increase the limit break on your Dragon Event Weapons if they support it. As of this post, only the Fafurion Dragon Weapons have the additional 10 LB Levels. To be clear, this item does not increase the level, just the level cap. To level up past 30, you still have to either gain SXP or use a Dragon Enchant Scroll. Here are some more details:
- The success rate is 25%
- On success, it increases the level cap of your weapon by 1
- The maximum number of successful Limit Breaks is 10, which allows your weapon to become level 40
- Does NOT increase your item’s level, just the level cap!
Fafurion Weapon Details
Fafurion’s Fin Blade - This weapon has been around for a few years, but it was lacking compared to the newer dragon weapons. This had to change! This weapon has been remade from nearly the ground up, even completely redoing its old low grade proc making it into a much stronger level 40 proc. The existing non event version of this weapon has also been upgraded with these changes. The purpose of the original was preserved, to ensure the target was drenched in water slowing it down.
- Lvl 20 - Fin Slash - A slashing ability that does Soul Damage and slows the target
- Lvl 30 - Splash Back - An ability that causes soul damage while also stealing health to heal you with
- Lvl 40 - Drench - Fin Blade’s Ultra Ability that does a large chunk of soul damage while debuffing the target with “Drench” debuff. This debuff causes a low damage burn that also slows the target every half second for its duration of 10 seconds.
Fafurion’s Scatterblaster - The first of it’s kind… A Lineage First Even… The Shotgun weapon! This weapon while technically is a crossbow, tends to act more like a shotgun dealing massive damage at mid ranges. The Shell type of magic arrows (meaning with no arrow equipped to the weapon) deals peak damage at 4.5 steps away and the damage goes down as you get further away from the hotspot. Anything closer than 2 steps and farther than 7 steps will still deal damage, but without any bonus damage.
- Lvl 20 - Hydro Shell - This is a mid ranged shell dealing peak damage at 4.5 steps away. The Peak damage deals a bonus of 200%.
- Lvl 30 - Scatter Shot - This proc is an aoe proc that will hit up to 5 targets nearby with full damage.
- Lvl 40 - Tsunami Shell - This Ultra Ability is an upgraded shell. The peak damage deals a bonus of 300% and the base damage is increased from the Hydro Shell
Fafurion’s SS-XP 2000 - This weapon is modeled after the traditional Dragon Bow. It has the much loved Soul of Dragon Poly which will increase your damage the further away your target is.
- Lvl 20 - XP System - XP in this case does not refer to experience, but instead Extra Pressure. This magic arrow is pretty standards as far as dragon arrows go.
- Lvl 30 - Soul of Dragon - This ability morphs your character into a powerful archer morph that increases your damage the further away your target is.
- Lvl 40 - CPS Upgrade - This Ultra Ability upgrades your magic arrow even further, increasing your damage with constant pressure!
Fafurion’s Waters of Mending - This staff doesn’t get standard abilities however it does get 2 spell items in addition to the Fafurion’s Blessing.
- Lvl 0 - Gaia’s Flood - This is a massive AOE damage spell.
- Lvl 0 - Mending Rains - This is a heal spell that heals 80% of you and your party’s health. It also is effected much less by the Underworld’s spell delays.
- Lvl 40 - Cooling Waters - This Ultra Ability affects Mending Rains by adding the ability to cure the newer Burning type debuffs.
Fafurion’s CrestBreakers - These Blades are made to ride the waves flowing from their victims bodies. Just like surfing waves in the ocean, no two rides are the same with these blades. The procs set each other up so you can just enjoy the ride as you tear your opponents to shreds.
- Lvl 20 - Point Break - This proc happens frequently and sets up the target for a Bottom Turn. It deals soul damage as well.
- Lvl 30 - Bottom Turn - This proc when set up by Point Break will deal a lot more damage while also setting up the target for a closeout.
- Lvl 40 - Closeout - This Ultra Ability does extremely large amounts of soul damage when set up with a point break and bottom turn. This ability also resets the surfing process at the beginning.
Fafurion’s Hydro Blade - This weapon is so in tune with the waters that with a swing of its blade, whirlwinds and vortexes of a powerful sort fly out surrounding it’s target.
- Lvl 20 - Hydro Slash - Uses water to form an additional blade that strikes down large groups of enemies.
- Lvl 30 - Maelstrom - This powerful vortex flies out from the sword swallowing its target and damanging those around it.
- Lvl 40 - Typhoon - This Ultra Ability Sends whirlwinds in every direction striking multiple enemies or in random directions if not enough enemies are found. Up to 5 whirlwinds will chase their targets each time this ability procs.
Fafurion’s WaveAxe - This Axe is designed to protect it’s wielder with powerful bubles and shields. If that wasn’t enough it’s stats are also pretty high as well.
- Lvl 20 - Bubble Shield - This ability will create a buff that gives you a shield of 5000 MaxHp for 5 minutes.
- Lvl 30 - Hydro Shield - This ability will create a buff that gives you a shield of 1000 Resilience for 5 minutes.
- Lvl 40 - Frozen Shield - This Ultra Ability creates a shield that will give your character 10,000 Protected Health Points after the PHP system has been implemented. PHP are health points that can only be reduced by Penetration damage.
Changes to Exp Acquisition
The changes with the restart a few days ago had a few bugs, which partially canceled each other out making it less noticeable. This required for me to once again redo a few blocks of code on how its all added together. In some ways it was reverted to how it was. I’ve also added much cleaner debug logs for GM’s for testing.
Changes to EXP Loss on Death -READ THIS-
Exp loss on death has been nearly pointless as it was being effected by Tier Penalties for exp. This oversight caused the exp loss to be mostly only noticed if you were level 115 or early tiers where you could gain the exp back very quickly. I have made some changes to try to spice up the game play and make trying to stay alive a little more urgent. Here are the changes:
- Exp loss on death no longer happens if you are T3 and below
- At T4 you will lose 5% of your current level worth of experience when you die.
- At T5 you will lose 3% of your current level worth of experience when you die.
It’s not all bad news though, with these changes it will mean that Savior Beads are a little more important. But what about when that delay hits and you end up on the ground anyways… Well, that doesn’t have to be a problem… Introducing Savior Stones:
Protect Stone - This stone is activated similar to savior beads and spell evasion scrolls. Double click it to enable and upon death you will be protected from exp loss. This item is only used in a case where you would otherwise lose exp from dying. So if your savior bead pops, it will not consume a protect stone. Your character will still die, you just will not lose the experience from it.
Now what if you really don’t like someone… and you want to see them lose exp when you kill them… out of spite… Well I’ve got that covered for you too! Introducing the Spite Stone!
Spite Stone - This item works similar to savior beads and spell evasion scrolls. Simply double click it to activate them and again to turn them off. If you have a spite stone active when you kill another player, you will ensure they lose the full amount of experience, even if they are using a protect stone! It will not consume their protect stone, but you will paint a very clear picture of your disapproval of them!
You can obtain both of these new items by talking to the Supplies & Stuff Trader Merchant, Dasha.
Exp Buy Back
This change will cause the exp buy-back system to be back into the picture. The existing buyback system should work to some degree. I’ll look into it and further improve it with a future restart, but I intend to have it cost adena and restore a partial amount of the exp lost on your most recent death.
The spell Cancel has been changed to be able to effect ALL buffs except the select few that were not supposed to be removed by it originally. This includes all custom buffs! Absolute Barrier has also been added to the list of removed by cancel as well.
Added in a new GM Debug Filter System to make sifting through the debug logs easier. This means I can track down bugs a bit easier and test new features and balance them better.
Fixed a bug with Penetration from soul weapons not applying properly when attacking.
-cancel: This command will cast the cancel spell on your character removing your poly and all buffs. This will also allow you to poly into CDK if you had superbrave on but would prefer CDK over superbrave and other equivalent speed buffs.
-reapply: This command will re-apply superbrave speeds if your character has SuperBrave, Lindvior’s Hastening Elixir or Hastening Potion effects on you. If you use the -bufflist command and it shows any of these buffs, then you can get those fast speeds again if you lose them for any reason by typing in this command. Of course remember if you are in a nocdk polymorph it will not work.
Changes to EXP Acquisition
Previous changes to the way exp was acquired broke the way different buffs and items increased the exp. This change made things much better, but made some of the increases seem to effect in different ways than was intended. I’ve changed it so that instead of each stage multiplying on the previous stage, they now add to each other and multiply on the base amount. To make this not cause a huge drop to xp gains, I balanced it out by adding One (100%) to the multiplyer stacks on each stage of xp boosts. So for many people this will increase the exp gain amounts from specific things like dolls or runes.
A bug was also fixed with Luck exp increases which previously prevented luck from giving exp
Changes to SXP Acquisition
There were a few issues found with SXP rewards and how they were processed. The code for this was also a mess from years of adding new sxp boosting items. I decided to follow my previous example from the EXP system and build a new file to handle the way SXP is boosted. It now is done in 3 stages just like EXP. For most people this change will increase the amount of SXP gained from hunting the mobs that reward it.
Rewards to SXP from the Happy Buffs have also increased to 10, 20 and 30% from the previous 1, 5 and 10% gains.
Super Brave is no longer broken by Happy Buffs or GM Buffs. If you lose it through other means don’t forget you can re-apply it with -reapply!
Many misc bugs that were causing issues with some monsters freezing up were fixed
Quest drops programmed in a way that they cannot drop to the ground if your inventory is full
Added the ability to make monsters that Recall you to them rather them teleporting to you.
Fixed the issue that was causing specific bows to not fire magic arrows unless you fired a regular arrow first
Fixed a bug that would cause drops on a monster to bug out when they are spawned.
New Hunting Zone Details
As with all of the underworld this is a T5 Group Hunting Zone. This area is more group oriented than the previous making it much harder to damage the monsters while taking a lot more damage from them. The same limitations that effect the rest of the underworld are happening here as well. You can read about them here: The Underworld - Resistance Tunnels
How to get there: You can get here by passing through the barrier about halfway down the main tunnel (You can see the map in the post linked above). To open the barrier you must use a UnderWilds Key which will temporarily lower the thick growth blocking the way into the UnderWilds. The current duration of the wall being lowered is 1 hour. This key can be obtained by doing the new quest described below.
The monsters: There are a slew of monsters in this area that will prove challenging. If you can get through the thick growths of plant life that isn’t just content with being looked at, you’ll find the wild life isn’t so friendly either.
Corrupted Ent - This large tank like tree isn’t so friendly to allow you to stand there and punch it for fruit like its Elven Forest counterparts are. If you have the quest for the Lake Overlook Key it can drop Corrupted Bark of Ent
Corrupted Flower - This vine like plant with a huge flower on top comes in two forms, one leaning in magical attacks and the other physical attacks. While it cannot move as it is rooted in place, it can tunnel its vines through the ground and come up under your feet. If you have the quest for the Lake Overlook Key it can drop Corrupted Flower Petals.
Empowered Centipede - This large bug like creature can be quite a challenge as it has a very powerful acidic venom. This venom can cause burns that cannot be healed and eats through your health in a rather fast pace. Kill these quickly to avoid getting burned!
Empowered Dire Wolf - Some people had a taste of this beast while it was spending some time feasting on bats in the Resistance Tunnels. After eating its share though it has moved to its proper home deep in the UnderWilds. They are fast and their bite is far worse than their bark.
Empowered Dire Tiger - This is a rare bread of “dire” beasts that has only been seen deep in the UnderWilds. While not quite as fast as the wolf counterpart, their large paws with razor sharp claws will tear you to pieces if you let them within reach! If you have the quest for the Lake Overlook Key it can drop Dire Tiger Pelt.
There are 3 new quests that can be performed once daily that have been added. These quests use a new system of allowing certain items to drop only if you have the specified quests.
Two out of three of these quests cannot be finished (one cannot yet be started) as these quests are for delving deeper into the underworld into unreleased territory. This post will cover two of them, the first which is performed in the Resistance Tunnels and provides the key to enter the UnderWilds. The other is performed by hunting monsters in the UnderWilds and the upcoming area called Giant’s Grave.
One thing to know about this new quest system is that when you turn the quest items in, if you have enough that the quest requires, it will consume ALL of the related quest items. This will prevent you from stocking up on the items just to do the quest without performing the task each day.
Drevih’s Atonement - This quest can be started by talking to a prisoner named Drevih, who is located in the Resistance Village in the Resistance Tunnels. The warden of the Resistance Tunnels has a policy of giving better rations to prisoners who can convince travelers to reduce the population of wildlife and monsters in the tunnels. Drevih is willing to reward you with a Key to the UnderWilds if you aid him in his atonement. It can be performed once daily and is reset with the daily resets.
Thilgeh’s Atonement - This quest can be started by talking to a prisoner named Thilgeh, who is located in the Resistance Village in the Resistance Tunnels. The warden of the Resistance Tunnels has a policy of giving better rations to prisoners who can convince travelers to reduce the population of wildlife and monsters in the tunnels. Thilgeh is willing to reward you with a Lake Overlook Key if you aid him in his atonement. It can be performed once daily and is reset with the daily resets.
* These items are obtained from the Giant’s Grave Area
Other UnderWorld Changes
The Underworld now no longer allows teleporting or escaping. Dying in the Underworld will take you to the Resistance Village, where you can exit with an npc named Thundmar, who is glad to smuggle you to the surface in a barrel. You can also exit through the tunnel to Diad to teleport elsewhere.
Two bosses were added to the Resistance Tunnels:
Evolved Bat Lord - This boss lives in the back of the southern tunnels. It is fast and capable of canceling your buffs and shredding you to pieces.
Resistance Leader Sarzodh - This boss is near the entrance to the Lake Overlook, northeast of the Resistance Village. He is capable of Teleporting to you, Recalling you to him and unleashing a dark shadow burn on anyone who crosses him. Shadow Burn is a debuff that is un-curable and fades with time. The duration is random and can be stacked up to 5 times!
This week is the last week for the mini game Flip To Win, to end it with a bang, I’m adding 1 Fafurion Weapon to the global inventory each day! See the image above to figure out which day your favorite weapon will be winnable!
Bonus GC Rate Changes
The gift coin rate for each dollar donated has been made dynamic now. You can increase the rate of giftcoins by donating larger amounts at once. You can always see how many giftcoins you’ll get for your donation via the Gift Coin Calculator. Here are the new rates at certain dollar amounts:
- less than $500: 17 GC/dollar donated
- $500 - $999: 20 GC/dollar donated
- $1000 - $1999: 23 GC/dollar donated
- $2000 - $2999: 27 GC/dollar donated
- $3000 and above: 34 GC/dollar donated
Take advantage of these bonus gift coins to win that Fafurion Weapon you want!
SXP Event: 2.5x
DXP Event: 2x
VIT Event: 3x
Free Death Event!